Here are five things that separate successful people from everybody else.
- They value the dream they hold, rather than focusing on pleasing other people or hitting artificial yardsticks.
- They focus on the dream and not the obstacles between it and them.
3. They fall down and get back up like breathing because to them, trying and learning and trying again are as natural as breathing. They look forward to falling down, learning from the fall and scrambling back up to fall again.
4. They don’t fall asleep on their lives and careers. They keep asking “What is the next thing I need to do?” Their comfort comes from stepping into their own power — not from settling into a life they didn’t choose and deciding they don’t deserve more.
5. They get frustrated the way we all do, but they don’t view their frustration as a reason to give up. Frustration must be processed somehow — a long bike ride, a marathon cookie-baking session or in some other way — but it doesn’t change the vision or the prize.
Whatever you want to accomplish and however you want to live, you have only your time and your focus to invest in reaching your goal. You only have those two things to invest, but they are the only ones that matter.
Your to-do list will always be in front of you, mocking you for your inefficiency.
Your to-do list has its place in keeping you sane and organized, but there is also a time to put down the to-do list and dream about what’s possible. You are alive right now — that’s the key!
You have your breath, your hands, your feet, your strong body and mind and your imagination to power you toward something. You only need to figure out what that something is.
Every step you take will be a step in the right direction as long as it teaches you something. You can take a step toward your vision right now, just by sitting on the couch and thinking about the rest of your life. You could write about it, or tell a friend about the vision that is taking shape in your mind and heart.
Now is the perfect time to take a step for yourself. What will your first step be?